2015 Event Dates – May 8 & 9 - Theme: Imagine
“Watching students thrive and grow in music and art programs is what SFF outreach is all about. Seeing what they create and listening to their lyrics and tunes, so fresh and inspired, instills hope and confidence in their lives. The arts truly make a difference!” ~ Katy Yoder, SFF Development Director
- My Own Two Hands (MOTH) is a regional celebration of the arts. Each year a theme is selected to inspire artists to create and donate a piece of art to be sold at the benefit auction in support of youth programming.
- Sisters students and the entire community participate. The kick-off is the Community Parade with students from all three schools displaying their art.
- At the Art Stroll, where the donated artwork is displayed at participating businesses, there is a festive atmosphere, bringing people out and into local businesses. Most stroll locations feature live music.
- The Community Arts Celebration is the culminating event Friday night where students of the Americana Project perform and visual arts are showcased. The student musicians perform with professional local musicians.
- On Saturday evening, the Art Auction and Party is a fun and exciting atmosphere with live and silent auctions, an upbeat band, all in an exceptionally funky and compelling setting.
Friday – Throughout Sisters
- Art Stroll
- Community Parade
- Performing Arts Evening
Saturday – Ponderosa Forge & Ironworks
- Art Auction & Party
2015 Art Theme – “Imagine”
As always, this event wouldn’t be possible without the generous support of our sponsors and volunteers. For more information on sponsoring the annual My Own Two Hands event, call Katy Yoder at 541-549-4979, or e-mail -Katy Yoder.