September 8-11 2015
“The Americana Song Academy brought me back to life, artistically… it rekindled the fire I had been looking for, for a long time”
- Catie Curtis, touring professional singer-songwriter
The Americana Song Academy inspires people to believe in their creativity and helps develop a community that supports that pursuit.
- Artists performing at the Sisters Folk Festival arrive 4 days early to teach all aspects of music, songwriting, performance and singing.
- Participants deeply engage and nurture their music, songs, and aspirations. Private concerts, open mics and mentor sessions are all part of the experience.
- The musical alchemy of the festival artists from “Song Camp” helps inspire collaborations and exceptional performances at the festival each year.
- Campers participate in workshops, communal meals and activities at the performing arts camp “Caldera”, a stunning location on the edge of Blue Lake, high in the Cascade Mountains.
- With an extraordinary caterer, a beautiful and powerful location, and a unique, intimate experience, the event continues to be highly anticipated and sells out each year.
Last year, teaching artists included - Steve Seskin, Anais Mitchell, Eric Bibb, Sara Hickman, David Francey, Sam Baker, Ruth Moody, Cahalen Morrison and Eli West, Keith Greeninger, Devon Sproule, Steve Poltz, Tim May, Darlingside and Heather Maloney, Phil Madeira, Bill Payne, and Rick Bartow.
2015 Americana Song Academy registration: $475.00
Optional 3-night accommodation at Tamarack Hall: $270.00